I always have such a stack of books to read, it will be impossible for me to get through them all! And I am surrounded by even more books everyday, all day long, I can hardly think of all the books I want to read and won’t have time for. But lately, I have finished several books!
1. Eon by Alison Goodman. We read this for the school book club. It was okay – I am glad we read it, but it wasn’t my favorite. The main character annoyed me.
2. Split Image by Mel Glenna. This one was very short – read it in a few hours. It was written in poetry, so it went fast. About a girl who everyone thinks they know and she wants to push against the image they have set for her.
3. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. This book was good, sad, but good. It deals with cancer, and any book about cancer is going to be depressing, and this one has a twist in it I didn’t quite expect.
4. Memoirs of a Teenage Amnesiac by Gabrielle Zevin. Interesting story. A girl falls and hits her head, and loses her memories from middle school on. She has to figure out who she is again, and realizes she wasn’t who she should be.
5. The Impossible Knife of Memory by Laurie Halse Anderson. Anderson always takes on tough topics, and this book is no different: she looks at PTSD and its effects/impacts on a girl and her dad.
All of these are available in the library, so come by to check them out!
And I am close to finishing: Dark Places by Gillian Flynn. She is an amazing writer! She also wrote Gone Girl, which I give a 5 out of 5 stars. Dark Places is a bout a girl whose family is murdered when she is 7, and her brother goes to jail for it. Now, the girl is grown, and trying to figure out is her brother is really the guilty one.