This is the best, and worst, time of year. We are all so ready for summer, it is getting warm, we are making plans…but we still have a few days of school left and have finals to take and grade. So much free time will stretch before us soon, but it seems so far away right now. But, once we get there, how sweet it is! Lemonade on the patio with a book, cold watermelon at a picnic, a shady spot under your favorite tree, making s’mores by the fire until late at night. And always, lots of reading!
Here are a few fun reading-related things for the summer:
- Loveland Public Library’s Summer Reading Program. Lots of prizes!
- Try this Summer Reading Bingo to stretch your reading horizons.
- Try listening to a book. YA Sync offers TWO FREE audio books every week, all summer!
- And don’t forget ebooks! Our district ebook library on Overdrive has over 2000 ebooks an audio books available. Download the app on your device, add Thompson School District R2-J library to your list, and log in using your school computer log in. Check it out!
- Look at this list of movies coming out this summer based on books. Read a few of the books before you see the movies!
- Are you going to be reading a lot, like me, and want to exercise at the same time? Here are some book exercises!
- Want to make a new reading nook in your house? Here are some cool ideas for inspiration.
- Have fun reading! Take a book anywhere and everywhere, and enjoy it.
I will be trying to work through my stacks of books I haven’t read yet…but I always add more, so it never gets smaller. I will be reading some of the Colorado Blue Spruce 2016 nominees, as well. I can’t wait!
Happy Summer, and Happy Reading!