Inspiration Pursuits are meant to help you learn more, dig deeper, and explore our world by inspiring you to pursue learning in your own way, through opportunities available in the library and throughout the school.
Continuing from last year, our focus for Inspiration Pursuits will be on service learning and community service. We will be “making with purpose” to donate items to organizations across the country.
- Bring awareness to important topics.
- Encourage new learning.
- Inspire new thinking.
- Build school community through shared discussion and activity.
- Encourage collaboration among students, staff, and students and staff together.
- Allow space and time for creative and critical thinking.
- Allow space and time for creativity and innovation.
- Help students learn the value of community service and serving others.
What’s in store for 2019-2020:
- These are some of the projects we will work on throughout the year:
- We will do some work making rice warmers for the Humane Society. These warmers will help keep small kittens warm, as well as comfort animals coming out of anesthesia. We may also work on making pillows from recycled jeans to comfort the animals.
- A possible project related to the one above is making rice warmers for those in hospice care. For people at the end of their lives, a simple warmer can be a huge comfort. We will donate to Pathways Hospice in Fort Collins.
- In October, we will be making cards for our service members serving overseas. A handmade card can go a long way in helping morale! We will be sending cards to Operation Gratitude.
- A second card project could include making cards for those who use the Meals on Wheels service. Since many of these participants cannot leave their homes, it is nice for them to receive handmade cards at the holidays.
- Another project we will work on is knitting and/or crocheting hats for NICU babies (and blankets for these babies, too!) and cancer patients. We will send our items to Knots of Love.
- We may also work on making pillowcases for the 1 Million Pillowcase Challenge. This project will be donating pillowcases to help bring smiles to those who are going through some tough times, whether it be medical or other tough times.
- These are the projects we will start with, and will be ongoing throughout the year. Projects may change or be replaced, depending on needs of the above organizations. Watch here or come to the library to find out about other projects, or to suggest an idea!
Everyone can participate! We will be working during lunch on Tuesdays, so come by to help!
**When you come to participate, you need to log your hours in order to get credit for your time.**
Do you want to help us? There are a couple of ways:
- We sometimes have projects posted on Donors Choose so community members can help us get materials and tools for our work by donating to our cause. Go to donorschoose.org/tvhslibrary to see if we have a project posted, learn more, and donate!
- Bring in fabric, fleece fabric, yarn (if donating yarn, please follow these guidelines), or other materials that could be used to create items for any of the above mentioned projects/organizations.